NAUTICA + charity: water = CHANGE
Nautica has always been passionate about the water. Today we are celebrating World Water Day by announcing a new partnership with charity: water. charity: water is a non-profit organization that brings clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Together we are working to raise money and build awareness about the world water crisis.
Our campaign, Give Change to Make Change launches today in all Nautica stores and on Nautica.com. The concept is simple. We are asking customers to give a little of their change – pennies, dimes, or quarters – to help bring clean water to people in need by rounding up their purchase to the next dollar at Nautica outlet stores and on Nautica.com. 100% of donations made to charity: water go directly to clean water project costs. This is an opportunity for each and every one of us to get involved and make a difference in the lives of so many.
Did you know?
• Almost one billion people do not have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s one in eight of us.
• 4,100 children will die today from water-related diseases.
• Unsafe water and a lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all disease and kill more people than all forms of violence, including war.
• In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours every year walking to get water.
• In five years, charity: water has provided clean water access to 2.5 million people in 19 countries.
Follow our campaign at nautica.com/charitywater to learn more about the world water crisis and track our progress!
Photos courtesy of charity: water